Care & Community Ltd will support the transition process to full independence by helping young people to acquire the necessary life skills in preparation for living independently, by helping them experiment safely with their increasing freedom and help them to develop and understand the responsibilities associated with adulthood, whilst still having the appropriate levels of support from an experienced and qualified staff team.
Our young people are encouraged by our mentors to assist them with a variety of topics working towards a successful move on and are available 24hr, some of which may involve:
• Assisting with CV development
• Help and advice with interview skills and techniques
• Helping complete Job application forms
• Assistance with further education applications
• Provide support and encouragement for young people to attend social activities
• Discussing the dangers of smoking, drugs and alcohol
• Assisting with making the right choice of property when successfully moving on
Through key working sessions and support work we will aim to ensure that each young person feels valued and empowered to take charge of their lives, that they have ongoing assistance in all areas of the Every Child Matters Framework, and that each young person has feedback from all professionals’ involved and ongoing records of their progress.